Welcome to Sixth Class
- Eamonn Corry
- Daire Dwyer (Reading Class)
- Mr David McInerney
- Lourda Roseingrave
- Gary Walsh
Students can look forward to a jam packed year of learning and activities in their preparation for secondary school.
An average of between 50 – 60 minutes, Monday to Thursday.
We hold a parent-teacher meeting in November.
Should any issues arise or you need to contact the teacher in the interim or afterwards, please write a note and send it in with the student.
Additional Programmes and Initiatives:
The following is an outline of some of the additional programmes and initiatives that we undertake in sixth class:
- Junior Entrepreneur Project
- Artist in the School – An artist will visit the classes to show how they prepare for their work and go through the process of creating an artwork in their discipline.
- Visiting Authors – Each year we seek to get authors to visit the classes to discuss their work.
- History Trails of Ennis Town
- Online mathematics programmes-Mathletics/Khan Academy
- Differentiated reading-SRA kits
- Peer tutoring- ‘Reading Buddies’
- Green School Initiatives-School garden
- Active School Initiatives-School Mile/Clare Sports Partnership Initiatives
- Gaelic Football
- Irish dancing
- Healthy Eating Initiatives
- School Quiz
- School Band/ Tin-whistle
- School Choir
- Confirmation Preparation