First Classes are located in the Yellow corridor upstairs, Rooms 26, 27 and 28. Class teachers for the current year are: Niamh Murphy, Hannah O’Sullivan and Paddy Vaughan.
The following are useful points of information for the coming year with First Class.
- We ask that homework is supervised by a parent/guardian each night. Oral work should be checked nightly – reading/poetry/spellings/tables etc. Please sign diary.
- We hold a parent-teacher meeting in November. Should any issues arise or you need to contact the teacher in the interim or afterwards please write a note in your child’s diary.
- When your child is absent due to illness etc. please fill out an absence note in the back of your child’s diary to explain absence.
- PE takes place on Tuesday for all the First Classes.
- Football coach takes classes for skills lessons in September and November on a Thursday – please have runners/tracksuit on this day during these times.
- Hurling coach takes classes for skills lessons in January, March and May on Thursdays also.
- Please wear school tracksuit and suitable footwear on PE days.
Literacy Lift Off/ Guided Reading
- Differentiated Reading Groups.
- Literacy Lift Off –3 SET teachers joins the class teacher – four stations covering familiar book, new book, word work and writing. (Monday to Thursday)
- When a class is not engaging in Literacy Lift Off they have Guided Reading. Class Teacher listens to each group reading.