The Board of Management manages the school on behalf of the patron and is accountable to the patron (Bishop of the Diocese of Killaloe) and the Minister for Education and Skills. The Board must uphold the ethos of the school. The principal is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, including providing guidance and direction to the teachers and other staff of the school and is accountable to the Board for that Management.
The Board of Management is appointed for a four-year term. The Patron nominates two members of the Board, two members are elected by parents and one by school staff. These members and the Principal meet to co-opt two community nominees. Our Board of Management meets at least twice a term. Reports on meetings and decisions made are communicated to parents via the school website.
The current Board of Management are in office for the period 2019 to 2023.
The members of the Board of Management are:
- Eamon Murphy (Chairperson)
- Brian Howard (Community Representative)
- Áine Gleeson (Community Representative)
- Bill Clohessy (Patron’s Representative)
- John O’Connor (Parents’ Representative)
- Emer O’Reilly (Parents’ Representative)
- Michelle McCormack (Teachers’ Representative)
- Brian Troy (Acting Principal)
View most recent news from the Board of Management here