Physical Education Curriculum
Ennis National School staff ensure that our students receive 60 minutes of physical education every week.
- All students are taught 5 different strands (Aquatics, Athletics, Dance, Games and Gymnastics) from the P.E curriculum every year.
- All teachers plan, discuss and strengthen the delivery of a P.E strand every year. This year we are focusing on Games.
- Our school teaches the Land Paws and Water Safety programme to older children from third class to sixth class each year.
- Our P.E equipment room has been cleaned and re-organised. All equipment has been inventoried and labelled. All equipment is checked for defects and replaced when required.
- Our school has been teaching fundamental skills to the students since 2018. The school uses resources from the “Move Well Move Often” programme. Every year we focus on 3 fundamental skills. This year the staff have chosen the following 4 skills:
- Running Throwing 3. Catching 4. Balance