Parents’ Association Meeting October 13th 2022
Parents’ Association Minutes
Date: 13th October 2022, 8pm
Venue: Staffroom ENS
Minutes taken by: Laura Ryan
Elaine Lynch (& Rian)
● The PA and BOM are to prepare a full review of the school uniform in the near future.
There will be a survey for parents which will also include the question about clothing
options for Holy Communion
● School Photos has been changed to Nov 11th to avoid a clash with swimming
lessons. It was also noted that the new date will be in line with the winter uniform
which is also ideal
● Updates on the PA Constitution have been prepared and will be presented at the
● The AGM will take place on Wednesday October 19th at 7.30 in the Staffroom.
● NPC (National Parents’ Council) ‘Internet Safety’ Talk will immediately follow the
AGM. Helen Butler to give the talk and it promises to be hugely worthwhile to
parents. We are delighted to be able to host events like this for parents again.
● Marie Keane (treasurer) has secured quotes for the PA Insurance.
● Halloween Quiz is on Wednesday 26th October at 7.30pm. Parent volunteers are
needed to run the shop. Any volunteers available can contact the PA by email
● Halloween Hobble will hopefully be on Fri 28th. Information from Halloween Hobble
to follow from Ms. Stack. Cost of buses is proving very expensive.
● The PA are delighted to be members of the National Parents Council (NPC) again
● Ennis National School Parents’ Association received a commendation certificate (one
of 15 given to more than 300 applications) from the NPC based on the work we did
last year, in particular the Winter Wonderland.
● Comprehensive online record of meetings and organisational tips etc has been
create on Google Drive to benefit current and future PA committees.
● PA will endeavour to be more active on social media to champion all the great work
AGM – October 19th 2022, 7.30pm,
Next regular meeting November 10th, 8pm