Parents Association Meeting Jan 14th 2020
ENNIS NATIONAL PARENTS ASSOCIATION MEETING MINUTES
DATE OF MEETING: Tuesday January 14th, 2020
TIME: from 20.00 to 21:15
MINUTES TAKEN: Enara Hehir
PRESENT: Bob Enright, Emer O’Reilly, Elaine Keating, Lisa Carr, Ifeo Maugwueru, Tonya Melody, Tracey Brennan, Nicole Reina – Meyer, Sarah Lucey, John McFarlane & Enara Hehir.
APOLOGIES: Jade Cooley, Tanja Tomac & Karen O’Connor.
Minutes from previous meeting were approved by Lisa and seconded by Tracey.
Christmas disco tuck shop collected €440.89
Proceeds from Christmas Craft Fair raffle €622.00
Update on January Events
- Flag Day – January 25th
- Permit to be received this week from Mr. Troy and distributed.
- Agreed that a reminder should be sent to seek more volunteers on Facebook and SMS.
- Confirmed that we had enough buckets, stickers, yellow vests. No action required.
- Locations for collections confirmed: outside Ryan’s Centra, outside Dunnes Stores, outside 2-euro shop, outside Carraig Don, outside Three shop, outside O’Dowd’s/Spar, Aldi & O’Sullivan Hansbury.
- It was suggested that the purpose for the fundraising should be communicated, outside canopy and new literacy program.
- PA members to be assigned to areas to check all moneys are collected and there are no gaps between time slots.
- School Photos – January 28th
- Confirmed that SMS will go out early next week from Mr. Troy and another reminder on Friday or Monday before the photos are taken on Tuesday the 28th.
- PA volunteers assigned to help on the day along with 6th class students. Two sessions, 9 to 11 and 11 to 1.
- Confirmed that 6th class students will take a group picture in their current class and a full year picture.
- 2020 Fundraiser proposal – Pending confirmation from possible venue. Once venue and date agreed, the fundraiser will be communicated to all the PA/School. It was suggested that a specific “fundraiser committee” is created by inviting any one with the right set of skills or wishing to help to join.
- 6th Class Hoodies – Briu Sports in Shannon has been the provider in recent years. PA will contact them to request sample sizes before ordering. Hoodies should be ordered by the end of Feb/early March.
- Cycle Bus – Agreed to continue promoting the cycle bus and seeking parent volunteers.
- National Parents Council – To be renewed and €100 fee paid. Secretary to action.
- PA bank account holder name change at Ulster Bank – Chairperson, Secretary & Treasurer to meet on Friday 21st of Feb at 10am
- Bingo Night – it was agreed by all PA members to cancel the event for this year due to the date being too close to main fundraiser.
- Confirmation – school to confirm if attendance for sibling will be affected if they miss school on the day to attend the confirmation. Cark park (yard) will be open to allow flow of traffic for the refreshment 12.30 onwards.
- School Update – no update
- BOM Update – tree planting for new garden approved.
- Other Business – no update
Dates for the diary
Friday March 13th – Confirmation
Saturday May 9th – First Holly Communion
Next PA Meeting on Thursday 6th Feb @ 20 in the staff room.
Back to Results