Parents’ Association Meeting Feb 6th 2020
Ennis National Parents Association Meeting Minutes
DATE OF MEETING: Thursday 6th February 2020 @20.00 in the Staff Room
TIME: from 20:00 to 21:15
- Last meeting minutes – approved & seconded
- Introduction by Chairperson
Overview of events carried out so far Elaine wishes to thank all PA and parents involved. 3170 raised so far! The school wishes to extend their gratitude with the hard work and money raised so far. BOM and Principal too.
- School quiz Nov
- School disco
- Christmas concerts
- Raffle at the Christmas craft
- January – Flag Day
Flag day update – 9 buckets, 56 slots (50 covered) – TOTAL €2,550.39
- The 3 shop – €167.60
- Dunnes Stores – €265.09
- Carraig Donn – €209.78
- 2 Euro Shop – €243.84
- Zest – €158.00
- Aldi – €351.19
- Spar Turnpike – €372.37
- Centra Tobertaiscain – €475.73
- O’Sullivan Hansbury – €306.77
Suggested asking Lidle next year based on the success in Aldi.
Discussed the possibility to sell St. Bridget Crosses as a new fundraiser.
2020 Fundraiser Event – I am a celebrity get me out of here.
It has been decided to postpone due to timelines being too tight and the complexity of the event. We will revisit the fundraiser
Wear Green to School day – move it to Thursday 12th (half – day TBC) by the school
- €2 per family
- Money raised can help the school garden project (bells, willow tree) teacher are very keen to work on different projects
- Enara to post of Facebook the Friday the 6th of March
Confirmation Reception – Friday 13th
- Volunteers to set up- Elaine, Emer, Enara, Jade & Tonya
- Volunteers for reception (12.30 onwards) – set up around 11.30 or 12 – Lisa, Karen and Jade agreed to help. Elaine to ask others on WhatsApp.
- Bob to cancel Thursday evening activities and notify parents.
- Text from the school to remind parents in 5th class to go out twice.
- Check decorations and stock – Elaine to action.
- Kakemonos with ENS Confirmation in Emer’s (secretary) office.
- Flowers – daffodils
- Photographer booked – County Photos – Bob to check with Brian
- Car park – open to visitors
Bingo Night – Thursday 26th March @ 7pm
- Elaine to confirm date and booking cost
- Price of books to be confirmed –
- Tuc shop to be well stocked – to discuss
- Spot Prizes – to ask parents by text
- Possibility to use Easter Eggs as spot prizes for the children
- €5 full book – €3 half book
- 10 rounds – €25 per round – businesses to be mentioned at the beginning of each round to cover cost of bingo ladies (€250 TBC)
6th Class Hoodies
- Pick 4 colours, logos – hoodies.irish
- Each kid to choose their size, colour and signature
- €20 per hoodie + €2 profit for PA
- Elaine to invite Shane to come meet Bob with samples (colours, sizes, etc.)
Next Meeting Thursday 5th of March @8pmBack to Results