Parents Association Meeting 27th September 2018
Ennis National Parents Association
27 Sept 2018
- Bob Enright was introduced to all members
- Board of Management Update
- The playground has been signed off and is going ahead at a cost of €50,000. It will be in by Christmas in the Junior Yard. Awaiting confirmation from the Insurance Company
- Garden is going ahead at the back of the Junior Playground – Lourdes O’Donoghue (designer), Brian Foudy (engineer). This work will be carried out during the school year
- Set down area is going ahead in bus lanes subject to planning approval
- Handrail in Junior Yard is all rusted and is to be changed
- School Fun Day
Yet again a very successful event and acknowledgment was made of the many volunteers. It was also highlighted that the ice-cream man donated €100, which was extremely generous, and will go towards future events.
- Graduation Ceremony
The PA set up and provided refreshments for all on the evening.
- Walking Bus
The PA organized goody bags for children on the Walking Bus at the end of the year.
- Junior Infants Welcome Morning
The Committee arranged Tea/ Coffee for the parents of the incoming Junior Classes.
- After School Directory
A directory for after school clubs/ activities which was circulated and one given to each child to bring home.
A new fundraiser was discussed by the Committee and ideas floated.
- Halloween Quiz
Volunteers are required for setting up halla in afternoon and run tuck shop on the night.
- Halloween Hobble
For the annual hobble, two volunteers per class are required – 12 in total.
An AGM will be called for at the end of October/ start of November.
PA Committee – 2 positions to become available and to be filled by new members
- School Concerts
PA will provide complimentary refreshments again this year.
- School Disco
PA will host refreshment stand/ tuc shop.
School Beanies consideration
Garda Vetting follow up
NEXT MEETING 17th October 2018
Back to Results