Parents’ Association 2nd March 2017
Ennis NS Parents’ Association Minutes of meeting held 2nd March 2017
- Board Of Management Update: The BOM are meeting on 06/03/17 where they will discuss the results of the two recent surveys on uniform and cycling and revert back to the parents with their findings and decisions.They will also make a decision with regard to the awarding of attendance certificates.
- Internet Safety Talk: The commitee has arranged for a talk on Monday 6th March at 7pm. The talk should take 2.5 hours and refreshments will be provided by the commitee halfway through.
- Flag Day: The annual Flag day raised €2320 which was less than 2016’s takings but still considered a good result by previous year’s standards.
- Confirmation Reception – 11th March:
- The committee will set up the halla on the day before confirmation and host the reception on the day itself. An additional couple of volunteers may be required for the Saturday.
- A text reminder will go out from the School for donations of baked goods from the 5th class as is the norm.
- Green Day: This year, “Wear green to school” will be held on Thursday 16th. Children can donate €1 per child or €2 per family. The money goes towards costs incurred by the PA for sports day / communion & confirmation goody bags etc.
- Easter Fun Event: This year it has been agreed to drop the Bingo night as local businesses have already been extremly generous with their support of ENS with the fashion show. However we would still like to hold a ‘fun’ event for the children. The committee were asked to have a think and try come up with some novel ideas!
- School Hoodies: The committee are working on acquiring prices and samples for the 6th class hoodies before their next meeting.
- School Update: An update on all the events that pupils participated in over the past month was read out to the committee. All events and awards have already been posted on the ENS facebook page and the school website.
- Date for next meeting: The next PA meeting will be held on Thursday 30th March.