Parents’ Association 1st June 2017
Ennis NS Parents’ Association Minutes of meeting held 1st June 2017
- Dr. Maureen Griffin Update: The talk was considered a big success with great feedback from those that attended and also from the parents of the children that had met with Dr. Griffin earlier in the day. Overall €330 was taken at the door – contributing towards the fee (€900 in total). The committee have suggested that it would be worth having Dr. Griffin back every 2 years to talk to future 5th/6th class students.
- School Fun Day: Wednesday June 14th. Organisation for the big day is well under way with dancers and bouncy castles booked, Mickey and Minnie Mouse costumes dusted down and facepaints at the ready. Parents are asked to volunteer for one of four timeslots : 9am – 11am, 11am – 1pm, 1pm – 3pm or All Day.
- Health awareness week: Monday 12th – Friday 16th June. The week will be launched by Shane O’Donnell who will also be on the walking bus. There are a variety of health professionals visiting the school throughout the week covering nutrition, mindfullness, yoga, dance and tae kwon do.
- Graduation Ceremony: 29th June. 6th year students and their parents will attend a Graduation Ceremony on Thursday 29th June. The committee will provide refreshments afterwards. Parents are asked to donate baked goods for the night.
- Next Meeting: This was the last Parents Association meeting for the school year.
Back to Results