Ms. Harding’s Creative Writing Tips
Creative Writing tips
- Plan- Story mapping / structure.
- Be concise ( try not to go over 2 regular copy pages)
- Try to have at least 3 paragraphs-Beginning, middle, end.
- Avoid too much direct speech.
- Proof read- Does it make sense? Are there some bits you don’t need? Check punctuation.
- Try to add adjectives and adverbs from your list to make your story more interesting.
- Can you use different transition words instead of repeating the words then or next?
- Read aloud.
- Correct mistakes.
Reading the story via video is an excellent means of allowing your child to correct their mistakes.