Board of Management Update 5th March 2018
The most recent meeting of the Board of Management took place on 5th March 2018. At the meeting the following items were discussed:
· School staffing requests
· School Finance
· Principal’s Report including Professional Development, Attendance, Bullying and the Child Protection Oversight Report
· Congratulations were extended to the Parents’ Association on the organisation of a successful Flag Day
· Child Protection: BOM discussed the Department of Education and Skills regulations on Child Protection, reviewed and adopted the school’s Child Safeguarding Statement. The BOM also reviewed the Child Protection Risk Assessment for Ennis NS
· Communication within school and wider community: BOM acknowledged the adoption on the new ‘Parent Connect App’.
· Health and Safety: The BOM decided to source an alternative competent person to assist in the school in revising the school Health and Safety Statement.
· Parking and access to the school: BOM to engage services of a Traffic Consultant to advise on any possible actions that could be taken by the BOM to improve access to the school and safety for pupils entering and leaving the carpark.
· Ethos: The school ethos was reviewed using the template provided by St Senan’s Education Office
· A revised Administration of Mediation Policy was approved and ratified.
· The BOM approved a proposal to purchase a set of jerseys, shorts and socks for use by school teams.
· Requests from Pre-school considered
The next meeting of the Board of Management will be held in April 2018.
Back to Results