EnglishIrishSpanishGermanFrenchDutchItalianPortugueseChinese (Simplified)Arabic

Parents Association Meeting Nov 25th 2019

ENNIS NATIONAL PARENTS ASSOCIATION MEETING MINUTES

 

DATE OF MEETING: Monday November 25th, 2019

TIME: from 20:00 to 21:15

Introduction

  • Short introduction by Chairperson to welcome all attendees to the meeting.
  • Reminded all members that Garda Vetting forms must be returned completed to Emer in the office.
  • Minutes from previous meeting were approved by Emer and seconded by Sarah.

 

Disco – Friday 6th December 18.30 to 20.00

  • Stock assessment and purchase of goods including Walking Bus – committee member assigned to action task.
  • Consider introducing healthier options to tuc shop – agreed to introduce popcorn and raisins as healthy options along with more mineral water.
  • Liaise with Ger to set up halla – tables, chairs and kitchen – agreed.
  • Christmas themed table covers and centre pieces – discussed options proposed and it was agreed to decorate with colour lights – no need to buy extra decorations.
  • Volunteers required to set up, attend the shop and tidy up – assigned.
  • Treasurer – to provide float on the night – agreed.
  • Treasurer – to confirm that bank name authorisation has been completed – in progress.
  • Car park/school yard – discuss with Mr. Troy & communicate to parents – the school asks the PA to help them source a light for the car park for the coming events by asking the parent body (builders, etc) – school also agreed look after the volunteers for the car park.
  • Agreed to set up from 2pm – 3pm – tables in two long rows with chairs at either side, benches along other sides. Toddler area to be set up following last year’s example.
  • Cash boxes to be donated by committee members.
  • Suggested pricing sweet boxes and items for sale on the night – stickers sourced.
  • Badminton to be cancelled – agreed that school will communicate this.
  • Committee members to meet at 6.10pm
  • Agreed no tea/coffee on the night

Christmas Concerts – Wednesday 11th December to 18th December

  • Complimentary tea/coffee served by PA.
  • Buy milk & biscuits – committee member assigned.
  • Rota suggested and agreed by all members.

Nollaig sa Nash – Christmas Craft Fair – 18th December 18.00 to 20.00

  • School requests PA’s assistance on the night – suggested and agreed for PA to run a raffle with spot prizes on the night to raise funds to buy an outside light for the car park.
  • Volunteers for event– committee members assigned.
  • Raffle prices – suggested PA asks the parent community if they can donate spot prizes (approx. 50 prizes) and to drop them in to Mr. Troy’s office before the event.
  • Communication – committee member assigned to communicate this request to parent body as soon as possible.
  • Car park – School agreed to provide volunteers for car park but will notify PA if more are required.
  • Agreed no coffee/tea on the night

Flag Day – Saturday, 25th January 2020

  • Permit for Flag Day in progress – requested and confirmed for Saturday 25th January 2020.
  • To communicate date and the need for volunteers to parents via Facebook, SMS, Newsletter, Aladdin – to be discussed on the next PA Meeting.
  • Liaise with local shops to request their permission to stand outside their premises in advance – committee members assigned to action this. In progress.

School Photos – Tuesday, 28th January 2020

  • Date confirmed – Tuesday, 28th January 2020
  • School to update calendar with confirmed date
  • 2 to 3 PA volunteers to help the teachers coordinate on the day – to be added to next meeting’s agenda.

Reusable cups for hot drinks

  • Proposal discussed but having verified current levels of stock, it was decided to revisit this option down the line if necessary.

Cycling Bus

  • PA insurance policy for parent volunteers discussed – it was confirmed all parent volunteers will be covered while marshalling the cyclists.
  • It was agreed the collaboration of the committee members to encourage other parents and children to join the cycling bus and help promote the initiative.
  • PA to send a communication to all parents asking for volunteers and another one on Thursday evening reminding them about the cycle on Friday morning. Mr. Troy to send a SMS.

 

Other business

National Parents Council – Affiliation to be renewed – Treasurer to action this. In progress.

 

Discussion:

 

It was suggested that children in ASD units allowed to be dropped at staff car park.

 

Action:

Suggested parents with children affected, should approach the school on a one to one basis.

 

Board of Management’s Update

  • BOM confirmed the names of the two community representatives who will join the current board: Brian Howard & Aine Gleeson.
  • The newly formed Board of Management will meet for the first time in 10 days.
  • The school & Board of Management seek the PA’s help to organise a fundraiser in 2020 to raise up to €20K for an astro turf pitch – ideas for the fundraiser to be discussed at next PA meeting.

 

Next PA MeetingTuesday 7th January 2020 @20.00 in the Staff Room – New ideas welcome!

 

Back to Results

This website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience. By using this site you agree to our Cookie Policy OK